Accountant Resume Example
Below we provide an example of a great financial accounting manager resume example. This sample accountant resume provides a summary on the first page to quickly capture an employer’s attention. It also highlights the critical skills that distinguishes great financial accounting manager – skills such as leadership, communication and attention to detail.
In addition, we include a company profile that provides a snap shot of former organizations where you worked. The company profile gives context about your work experience to an interested employer. For example, an accounting manager for a 50 person company is quite a bit different than one for a 10,000 person company.
Breathe new life into your tired old resume, with this is a great financial accounting manager resume example. I invite you to use this accounting manager resume as a template for your next job application.
Accountant Resume Example, Financial Accounting Manager Resume Sample
Summary: I am a CGA member with over 13 years of accounting experience, 9 of which involve functioning as a controller or senior accountant in small to mid-sized firms. My accounting experience includes work in the not-for-profit, public practice, hospitality service, wholesale distribution, financial services, and professional services sectors.
2006 – Present University of British Columbia, Financial Accounting Manager
- Major provincial university
- Over 45,000 students
- Lead a team of 5 direct reports and 15 indirect reports in the accounting department
- Prepared all operating month end reconciliations and journal entries
- Reconciled all inter-fund balances monthly
- Participated in year end budget preparation
- Prepared lead sheet and working papers for four year end financial audits
- Prepared GST returns and working papers required for GST audit
- Prepared working paper analysis required for special projects
- Prepared reports for grant applications and institutional accreditation
- Determined cash positions and manage cash flow
- Processed AR, AP, and payroll transactions
- Prepared T4, T4A, T4A-NR, and WSBC filings
- Successfully completed a systems conversion audit required to implement a new Student Information System
- Successfully completed GST audit for period May ’04-April ‘07
- Successfully assisted VST in completing four year end financial audits
- Assisted VST in achieving successful completion of accreditation audit
- Performed the duties of Accounting Supervisor during search for a Director of Finance
2002 – 2006 BC Hospital Inc, Controller
- Health care and practice based professional organization
- 60 Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, and Rehabilitation Assistants
- Prepared financial statements and annual budgets
- Managed cash flow and payables
- Prepared payroll in a Time Slips billing system
- Prepared T4 and T4A summary reports and slips
- Supervised AR accounting assistant
- Completed this contract ahead of schedule
- Found and recovered material amounts of unbilled revenue in the billing system
- Restored confidence to a professional time and billing payroll system
- Prepared an annual budget for the 2007 – 2008 fiscal period
- Issued monthly financial statements, fully reconciling all balance sheet accounts
- Completed the year end audit file
- Initiated a reporting system which analyzes cash flow and the working capital position daily
- Implemented new accounts payable policies and procedures
- Wrote procedures for invoicing and payroll
Jan 06 – Sep 06 BC College of Teachers (Vancouver, BC) Comptroller
- 43 employees, 20 Council Members
- The professional self-regulatory body for more than 65,000 licensed educators in BC
- Its mandate is to set standards for professional educators, assess applicants to the profession and issue teaching certificates.
- Provided analytical support and advice to the Council, Finance Committee and Registrar.
- Maintained accurate and detailed financial records.
- Developed / implemented principles, systems, controls, policies, and procedures for the accounting department.
- Provided financial and technical advice to the management team and other staff members for the purpose of improving operations and communications.
- Developed a systematic approach to month-end financial and variance analysis reporting.
- Implemented a new Ceridian Insync payroll system.
- Developed a system for preparing lead sheets and working papers for year end audit purposes.
- Published third quarter financial statements and a management report on finance in the College’s annual report.
- Presented an analysis of costs and breakeven on the College’s ConnectED magazine to the Council.
- Developed a system for reconciling and verifying pension plan deductions and contributions.
- Prepared a budget development plan for doing participative zero based budgets.
Computer Skills: Excel, AccPac Advantage, AccPac Adagio, Simply Accounting, Quick Books, Caseware, Taxprep, Ceridian Powerpay and Insync, Payworks, KIS payroll, Time Slips, and various other customized accounting packages.
- Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia – August 2003
- B.C.I.T. School of Business: May 1997 Management Certificate in Finance
- UBC: January ’82 – May ’85: Bachelor of Arts Degree (Psychology)
Here are the latest Accountant job openings. Get a great job and earn a higher income working in the Accounting industry. Apply today, you have nothing to lose!
View More Accounting Jobs