Budget Analyst Resume Example
Budget Analysts, or sometimes known as budget specialists help companies allocate limited finances effectively. In most cases, the task of dividing up limited resources would be practically impossible if it were not for the budget analyst. The budget analyst develops, critiques, analyzes, and implements budgets. She must use the financial resources that are available and also estimate future budgetary needs.
So how to write a great budget accounting resume sample? Below we share a fantastic resume for any aspiring budget analyst or budget specialist. This example resume is designed to capture the attention of an employer and help get you on the shortlist for your next budget specialist job interview.
JOHN WHITE, MBA
666 – 7777 Calgary Street, Calgary, AB, C8P 7P9
Home: (604) 123-4567 Cell: (444) 777-9999
Professional, resourceful, organized, competent, accountable, and result-oriented Finance, Accounting and Management professional with 12 years of proven, progressive experience in all aspects of accounting, financial management, and budgeting (8 years as Manager). MBA (Finance), BA (Finance), and CPA (U.S. Certified Public Accountant). Productive individual with proven budgeting, analytical, financial reporting, problem-solving, and financial modeling experience. Adapt to new procedures quickly and committed to continually learn, maintain and apply finance, accounting, and management knowledge, techniques and technical skills. Computer-literate – Cognos, SAP, Sharepoint, Banner, Accpac, Excel, MS-Office Suite, & other applications.
Budget Specialist June 2005 to present
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- Assisted in the development of operating budgets and the distribution of financial resources, perform analysis of variances and discrepancy between budget and actual expenditures, research financial data within accounting systems and resolve questionable financial entries.
- Prepared operating and ancillary services budget material using Cognos BI Analysis for MS-Excel.
- Analyzed costs on a year-to-year basis relative to fiscal planning & budgeting activities through collection and assembly of financial data.
- Utilized a variety of Excel modeling tools to compile the College budget, program profile, tuition model, computerized training plans, and departmental budgets.
- Assisted Budget Manager with the analysis and coordination of matters relating to budget, statistical, and costing reports.
- Liaised and provided training to deans, directors and executives during budget process.
- Assisted in the preparation of what-if analysis; costing models; development of multi-year financial projections; and development, preparation, maintenance and distribution of computerized training plans.
- Regular duties include maintaining master tuition schedules, adjustments into Banner, report generation from various analysis, and providing assistant and information regarding financial data, coding, and budget restructuring.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia
CGA – Level PACE, 2009 (certification expected September 2009)
North America Certified Public Accountants
CPA – US Certified Public Accountant, 2005
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
MBA – Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, 1994
University at California, CA, US
BA – Bachelors of Arts, Finance, 1992
Here are the latest Accountant job openings. Get a great job and earn a higher income working in the Accounting industry. Apply today, you have nothing to lose!
View More Accounting Jobs