This example resume is great because it highlights key qualities that make a great barista. Listing qualities on your sample resume such as neatness, friendliness and relevant education such as safe food handling and serving it right customer service certification will get the attention of starbucks managers.
666 Oak Ave, Vancouver, BC V6Z 9S7
starbucks sample firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-123-4567
Friendly Coffee Shop Counter Person, who creates an uplifting experience for our customers and make perfect drinks – one drink and one customer at a time. Acts as the face of the coffee shop, proven ability to develop good relationships with customers. Friendly, warm, a real “people person”, hardworking with flexible schedule. Fluent in Spanish, French and English. Food safe and serving it right certified.
“Jack’s enthusiasm and friendly nature endears him to customers and his coworkers. He greats each customer by name, Jack is a real “people person”, a hard worker and pleasure to work with”
Don Johnson, Manager of World Beans Coffee
World Beans Coffee Shop
Coffee Barista and Counter Person, 2005 to 2009
- Ensured counters, customer areas are neat, clean and presentable.
- Maintained sanitized and polished counters, steam tables, and other cooking equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Served food, beverages, or desserts to customers with a smile with fast friendly service.
- Take customers’ orders and write ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Prepared food such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions and ensured consistent food quality is achieved.
- Wrapped menu item such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Prepared bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines; and accept payment and make change. Balanced receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Delivered orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
- Served salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails; ladle soups and sauces; portion desserts; and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Maintained accurate inventory count, ordered supplies needed.
- Set up dining areas for meals and clear them following meals.
- Arrange reservations for patrons of dining establishments.
Serving IT Right Certificate, 2009
Safe Food Handling Certificate, 2010