Here is a fantastic Electrical Engineer Resume example ready to use for your next job application. This sample Electrical Engineer resume example offers a focused career resume objective. It contains key words specific to electrical engineering and targeted to quality assurance jobs. Learning how to write a good resume objective can be hard and most do not use targeted language for fear of restricting themselves. However it is important to understand that most employers look for candidates with direct previous experience in the same industry doing the same job. As such the first query most often used will contain words that target the same job title and industry.
This sample Electrical Engineer Resume example does a great job of using targeted words in the objective to capture the attention of any employer AND resume tracking software. Use this free resume template for your next job application and get noticed by the hiring manager.
44444 Spring Ave, Willow, San Antonio. Texas, USA, V8P 8K8
Residence: (777)444-6666, Mobile: (777)888-8888, email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging position in Quality Assurance QA Electrical Engineering environment; which carries a potential to grow.
Electrical Engineer (Contract Position)
Global Data Systems Inc., Toronto,ON Canada, Jan.08 – Present
- Performed tests per EMC compliance standards, which include radiated immunity, conducted immunity, harmonics and flicker, voltage dips & interruptions, surge and ESD (2KV-8KV) using lab equipments.
- Tested products include wireless modules, medical, industrial, commercial and automotive devices.
- Interpret customer requirements, document and review test data.
- Interact with customers on project status, discuss design issues and resolutions.
- Build hardware prototypes and performed soldering, troubleshooting and repairs. Complete technical reports.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Electric Engineer Consulting Inc., Halifax, NS Canada, Feb.04 – Jan.08
- Responsible for design high (600V) and low voltage wiring harnesses for hybrid commercial vehicles.
- Create product requirements, DVP and project plans. Set up system level test and verification.
- Confer with suppliers, document control, manufacturing, engineering, product support and management. Specify high voltage cable, routing, harness securing hardware, MIL spec components for PAS, DMOC, motor, generator and HV battery pack.
- Establish design review, design FMEA and drawing quality reviews. Identify cost reduction opportunities and implement solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers, and build prototypes. Site support manufacturing supplier during pre-production process development and troubleshoot during commissioning.
- Provided customer support pre and post production releases. Developed and implemented product release procedures.
Harness Engineer and Engineering Team Leader
Voltage Wiring Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA, May96 – July04
- Responsible for design (product specifications, performance requirements, routing, and dimensioning) engine harnesses.
- Perform Design FMEA, DQR, Classification of Characteristics, Mock-up, Fit-Check and Cross Functional Design Reviews.
- Confer with customer, manufacturing, process, component, test engineering, program management to resolve problems and develop design.
- Prepare system wiring layout, detailed drawing, schematic and harness model using Pro/E. Develop test plans and select hardware.
- Supervising team of four, training juniors, monthly project report and prioritizing projects.
- Managed cost reduction database. Analyzed 7-step failure reports, proposed solutions and implementation.
- Developed and maintained design review and DFMEA procedures.
Harness Design Engineer
Dynamic Engine Company, Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA, Sept.96 – July97
- Responsible for design and troubleshooting of engine harnesses. Provide technical information concerning manufacturing, processing techniques and materials to product engineering planning.
- Plan and develop experiment test programs. Interface with other functional groups. Redesign harness for cost reduction, manufacturability improvement and size reduction. Perform root cause analysis using 7-step process. Prepare technical reports.
- Interwrap Industries, San Antonio. Texas, USA, Jan. 00 – Feb. 10
- Developed process documentation for ISO 9000 certification
- Performed product inspection regularly to maintain quality and improve efficiency.
- Tested HDPE and LDPE melting temperature and prepared tech report, Managed 20+ employees and held performance review.
- Troubleshooting electrical machines, A/C motors, pneumatic presses, printing press, coating machine, beamers, tapeline and looms.
- BS (Major-Electrical Engineering), With First Class Standing, Toronto University, Ontario, 1992
- Bachelor of Science, Oxford University, USA, 1989
- Pro/E Basic training, Pro cable harness & manufacturing, Product change management, Parts data file, Product structure, Cross-functional design review, Product definition intro, NPPD&I overview, Design FMEA, Time management and Due diligence seminars, APQP and Control plan overview. ISO/QS 9000, Quality cost and TS16949: 2002 introduction. How to get more organized. DFM/DFA training and cost reduction seminars.
- Unigraphics V10.4.1 (Jan 1997), AMERICAN Engineering Inc., Boston, MA, Comprehensive training involved creating & editing wire frame construction, Parametric, & Primitive solid modeling, Free form features, Sketching and Assemblies.
- Quick learner and enthusiastic about new technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good at multitasking
- Analytical and logical problem solver
- Excellent team player as well as individually
- Software: Unigraphics, Pro/E, AutoCAD, Spice, Math CAD, Micro Cap, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual, E3, Vesys, IFS.
- Programming: `C’, FORTRAN-77, Pascal, Assembler and PLC
- Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, Unix, Sun
- ISO 9000 and TQM (Total Quality Management)
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
Available upon request