Mechanical Engineer Resume Example
How do you learn how to write a great Mechanical Engineer sample resume? It’s not easy to know all the resume tips for a Mechanical Engineer. But you are in luck because below we present a blue print for a great sample Mechanical Engineer resume example for a stand out resume. This Mechanical Engineer resume example builds a great first impression with a resume summary. The resume summary brands this applicant as experienced Mechanical Engineer. When the hiring manager sees this, they automatically put this applicant into another class of applicants. This approach is much more effective than making the hiring manager sift through the entire resume and doing the math on the number of years of experience this mechanical engineer has.
Lastly, I love the way this sample Mechanical Engineer resume finishes str0ng with a “skils and engineering courses” section. This section leaves a lasting final image of the applicant as a strong applicant with relevant skills who stays current. Use this sample Mechanical Engineer resume example as a free resume template in your next job application.
Sample Mechanical Engineer Resume
Norman Doe, P.Eng.
777 Willow Creek, Toronto, AB, Canada
Experienced Mechanical Engineer with over 10 years of experience includes over eight years in writing specifications of mechanical equipments (static and rotating) and selection in the chemical and oil & gas industries. Project management experience has included project coordinator, project control, site supervisor and issuing construction work packages (CWP). Over 7 years experience in maintenance, turnarounds, troubleshooting and installation of plant equipment and piping systems including the supervision of over 20 trades people & engineers. Multilingual: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japan and Malay.
|2009 – Present||Mechanical Project Engineer, Hydro Electric Company, Toronto|
Project for Hydro Electric Canada – Commercial Demonstration Plant – Phase 1
Provided construction supports by preparing and coordinating the Construction Work Packages (CWPs) among the disciplines, client and contractor prior to issuing for construction (IFC). Ensured the project documents, specifications, codes and standards required for the construction attached to CWP and in compliance with the legislated and client’s requirement.
|2005– 2009||Mechanical Engineer, Tri Ocean Engineering, Toronto|
Package Engineer for projects for Shell Canada
- Caroline Low Pressure (LP) Steam Project – LP Steam Knock Out (K.O.) Drum
- Waterton 66 Facilities and Well Tie-In – Injection Pump Package
- Bullmoose Project – Sewage Storage Tank
Prepared and coordinated packages for static and rotating equipment by issuing RFQ, RFP, technical specifications and data sheet. Developed technical bid evaluation for selection of vendor and followed-up on the issues during the fabrication to delivery of packages to the sites.
|2000 – 2005||Senior Equipment Engineer, Sony, Japan|
Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and turnaround of equipments in the Waferfab engineering.
|1996 – 2000||Mechanical Engineer Engineer, Sony, Japan|
Responsible for overall maintenance and turnaround of plant equipment, modifications of equipment & pipeline systems as well as for the installation of new equipment (plant extension) in the Polymer Dispersion Plant.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1995
(Accredited as Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering by World Education Services (WES), Toronto, 2000)
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologist, Geophysicists of ON (APEGGA)
- American Engineering Association (AEA), USA
SKILLS AND ENGINEERING COURSES
- Knowledge and application in ASME (B31.3, Section VIII, Div.1), CSA and API (620, 650)
- Knowledge in Acid Gas Compression and Injection
- Proficient in Ms Office (Project, Access, Power Point, Excel and Publisher)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Project Management Course (Project Execution Plan), Hydro Electric Company, Toronto, 2009
- Introduction to Heavy Oil Technologies, PIECE, Toronto, 2007
- Project Control Analyst (6 months OJT), Tri Ocean Engineering, Toronto, 2006
- H2S Alive, Enform, Toronto, 2006
- Process & Equipment training (OJT), Epcos, USA, 2000
- Occupational safety and health in chemical industry, SONY, Japan, 2001
- 5S in the factory, Productivity & Quality Management Consultants, Japan, 2002
- Mechanical seal technology for reactors and pumps, Burgmann Dichtungswerke GmbH & Co., USA, 1997
- Preventive maintenance system, Osaka, Japan,1999
- Total productive maintenance, Productivity & Quality Management Consultants, Japan, 1998
- Process, operation, quality control and maintenance at polymer dispersion plant (OJT), SONY, Japan, 1997
Bored in your current job? Want a change? You are luck, here are the latest Engineer job openings. Get a great paying job working as an Engineer, get a job you deserve and start earning a better income.
View More Engineer Jobs