Piping Engineer Resume Example
A great Piping Engineer Resume example for next job application. This Piping sample Engineer Resume example shows a strong sense of community involvement with a great “volunteer section”. In this example Piping Engineer resume, the applicant volunteers to help build homes for the homeless. While this is just an example, it important to recognize that employers today are looking for socially responsible employees. This is especially true since almost every company today has a “green strategy” or leveraging it’s environmental efforts to market the company.
This Piping Engineer Resume example is also strong because of a great resume introduction in the “profile” section. The profile section introduces the applicant as a “ Mechanical Piping Engineer” and establishes a branding effect on the reader. Use this Piping Engineer Resume example like a template for your next job application.
Peter Doe, P.Eng
Seattle, WA, USA
C: 444.555.7777 H: 666.777.8888
Mechanical Piping Engineer with 15 years involvement in all aspects of design, estimating, procurement, construction and project management for oil, gas, petrochemical and mining industries. Skilled in the use of international design codes and standards. Recognized as a resourceful, hardworking professional with exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and communication skills. An acknowledged team player with project lead experience. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Highlights of Skills
- Proficient using international design codes and standards such as ASME, API and ASTM
- Experienced performing stress analysis calculations associated with piping and vessels with the use of the following applications:
- Ceasar II – Pipe flexibility and stress analysis
- FE-Pipe – Finite element analysis
- Nozzle Pro – Finite element analysis of nozzles, saddles, pipe shoes and clips
- PVElite – Pressure vessel design and analysis
- Tank – Oil storage design and evaluation
- BJAC – Mechanical and thermal analysis of shell-and-tube and non-tubular heat exchangers, air coolers, heat recovery bundles, and fired heaters
- HTRI – Similar functionalities of BJAC
Proficient using international design codes and standards such as ASME, API and ASTM
- Use of CAD from concept sketching to detailed drawings and 3D models using the following tools:
- CadWorx Plant Professional
- Rebis AutoPlant
Sr. Piping Engineer 2008-2009
NextGEN Engineering Ltd., Seattle, WA
- Mentored team members and monitored workflow and progress to ensure standards and schedules were met
- Prepared data sheets and pipe specification in accordance with ASME/ANSI B31 series and API
- Prepared engineering standards, and procedures for piping system and static equipment suitable to client and based on applicable
- Calculated stress analysis of slurry piping system in accordance with ASME B31.3 piping code with the application of CEASAR II
- Reviewed mechanical drawings to ensure compliance to codes, standards and project specification
- Developed piping and equipment models in 3D environment, generated ISO’s, PFD and P&ID
- Drafted activity chart, estimated man-hour and formulated schedule to provide well coordinated job execution, monitoring/control
- Sourced-out qualified suppliers, issued quotation request for the purpose of cost and equipment evaluation
Piping Designer 2007-2008
AMERICAN Engineering Consultants, Seatttle,WA
- Prepared pipe isometrics, P&ID and piping plan with emphasis to process, economics and safety of the piping system
- Checked and reviewed construction drawings to reflect actual site arrangement
- Performed material take-off then monitored materials for procurement to ensure designed quantity and material specifications
Offshore Sea Survival, 2001 & 2004, Engineer Technical, Washington, USA.
CEASAR II Pipe Stress Analysis, 2002, COADE and ImageGrafix, Washington, USA.
ISO 9000/2000 Awareness, 2001, Mechanical engineer Quality Assurance, Washington, USA.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, 1988-1993, Osaka Institute of Technology, Japan
Volunteer Construction Project Manager, Homes for the Homeless, 2000 to 2010
Bored in your current job? Want a change? You are luck, here are the latest Engineer job openings. Get a great paying job working as an Engineer, get a job you deserve and start earning a better income.
View More Engineer Jobs