Catering Sales and Events Director Resume Sample
1234 Sample Cresent, Aurora , Kentucky, USA
Innovative professional with specialty in private event catering sales industry. Possess the skills to drive business growth, capitalize on new revenue potential and manage all aspects of event planning. Exceptional leadership and people skills, organizational, oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem resolution skills. Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
Catering Sales and Events Director – Canadian Golf Corporation January 2011 – Present
- Oversee catering sales specializing in wedding, corporate, golf outings, fundraisers and SMERF segments.
- Generated $ 1.2 million in private catering sales in food, beverage and venue rental.
- Manage planning and logistics of corporate, fundraisers and social events.
- Conduct daily tours of indoor dining facilities and outdoor golf and catering accommodations.
- Personally manage phone and email inquiries, cold calls, presentations and negotiations.
- Exhibit services at corporate showcases and wedding expos.
Corporate & Social Event Sales Manager – World Yacht, LLC July 2006 – December 2010
- Responsible for selling yacht venue services to local and international corporate/social markets.
- Generated more than $ 1 million annually in food, beverage and venue rental.
- Managed incoming inquiries, daily cold calling, negotiations, pricing and contracts.
- Conducted site tours weekly to corporations, non-profit organizations and social clients.
- Scouted and reserved off-site ship venues when on-site inventory was booked to capacity.
- Managed all aspects of event planning detailing menus, itineraries, vendor referrals and floor plan logistics.
- Oversaw banquet and catering staff during on-site wedding ceremonies, galas and large corporate functions.
- Worked with banquet dept. on menu writing and development, created custom packages based on clients’ needs.
- Collaborated on marketing and promotional collateral to increase awareness of World Yacht brand.
- Directed and advised on development of private event website with graphic design team.
Corporate Sales Manager – Richart Design et Chocolat October 2002 – July 2006
- Sold over $ 500,000 yearly in corporate luxury chocolate sales.
- Handled all aspects of public relations.
- Analyzed competitive product offerings in terms of features and benefits as well as price points.
- Developed written plans outlining the launch process; tracked unit sales and gross margin for new product launches.
Account Manager – Allied Graphic Arts October 1998 – October 2002
- Handled all aspects of photo productions shoots for catalogs
- Developed and executed specific marketing initiatives that drove catalog and direct mail response.
- Ensured that the creative treatment of catalog, web and direct mail campaigns effectively reflected the marketing/merchandising frameworks, sales promotion calendar and multi channel business initiatives.
EDUCATION: University of Hartford – B.A. – Communications/Marketing Study Abroad Term in Barcelona, Spain
COMPUTER SKILLS: Delphi, Sage, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop
MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS: MPI-Greater Chapter of New York, Event Professionals Networking Group, Catering Professionals
Food and Beverage Jobs
Here are the latest Food and Beverage job openings. Get a great job working in the F&B industry working for golf clubs, resorts, hotels and restaurants. Earn a higher income working in the F&B industry.
View More Food and Beverage Jobs