Web Security and Database Consultant
- Twenty years of information technology experience including all aspects of application life cycles and technical infrastructure administration.
- Solid background using database, web, and application servers to deliver effective business solutions.
- Excellent understanding of data modelling and software engineering methods.
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing web security and infrastructure.
- Effective leadership in projects, always maintaining a positive attitude with team members and users.
|Databases -||Oracle 6-10g including RAC, MS SQL Server, DB2|
|Web and Application Servers -||Oracle AS 9i-10g R2, Apache 1.3-2.2|
|Database Administration||Oracle Entreprise Manager and Grid Control, Oracle RMAN, Toad|
|Programming Languages -||SQL, PL/SQL, Shell|
|Operating Systems -||Windows, Unix (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris 9/10), Linux|
|Network Products -||TCP/IP, Windows , Cisco CSS Load Balancers|
|Identity Management||CA SiteMinder, Oracle SSO|
1985-1995 – University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
English – Native,
Spanish– Read, spoken, and written (8 years living in Spain).
Canadian Citizen, UK – Ancestral Visa possible, Spain – Residence possible
April 2005 to present: Senior Technical Analyst – Web Access Management
Government of the Province of Alberta
– Technologies: CA SiteMinder 6, Apache 2, Cisco CSS Load Balancers, Windows 2003, Solaris 9/10.
– As team lead and tier three support, increased the availability and capacity of identity, reverse-proxy, and load balancing services used to publish government web sites to public servants and citizens.
December 2002 to March 2005: Oracle Consultant
– Technologies: Oracle AS 10g R1 and R2, OID (LDAP), SSO, WebCache, Portal, CM/SDK (IFS), OEM Grid Control 10G, on AIX5L and Linux AS4.
– Support for a data warehousing factory (120TB) producing thousands of data marts a month for hundreds of clients in five European countries. Project included about 100 installations of AS and DB products serving some 40 odd developers.
– Principal tasks included creation of a development and integration infrastructure for Application Server services and occasional consulting on database issues.
January 2005 to March 2005: Walmart Ontario
– Technologies: Oracle AS 10g (9.0.4), Grid Control 10g, 9i/10g RDBMS
– Creation of a high-availability 10g Application Server BI Forms farm on a RAC-mounted Identity Management Infrastructure on Linux RHES3.
– Administration, configuration, and installation of 10g and 9i RAC Databases.
– Installation and configuration of 10g Grid Control OMS and Agents.