Senior Lead Database Administrator Resume Example
Below is a great Senior Lead Database Administrator Resume example. It showcases skills vital to a Sr. DBA role, such as project and people leadership, coaching, planning and so forth. The sample resume summary also brands the applicant as a Senior Database Administrator, creating a vital first impression. This Senior Lead Database Administrator Resume sample will land you a job interview on your next application.
499 Willow Ave, Vancouver, BC V8Z 6S7
Senior Database Administrator, with over 17+ years of experience in the IT industry and 9+ years of the experience in DB2 UDB database administrator (DBA) and support specialist with DB2 UDB experience in ESE and DPF (formerly EEE) (v5.2,v7.1, v8.2, v9.1, v9.5). Knowledgeable in all aspects of database administration and architecture. IBM Certified Advanced DBA on DB2 V8/V9.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. Proven ability in tuning and optimizing databases. Proven project and people leadership.
Lead Consultant DBA Mar 2008 – Present
- Lead project team of over 20 It professionals on large complex database design projects.
- Provide support for data analysis, database analysis and design for $1M relational databases.
- Advised on database management strategies and best practices.
- Provide SQL training and support including SQL query creation and tuning.
- Tutoringand Mentoring junior database developers and new features in application and database sides in DB2 V9.5.
BMO (Bank of Montreal) Sep 2000 to Feb 20010
- Migration production databases from DB2 LUW V8 to DB2 LUW V9.1
- Performance tuning.
- Set up Federated database on Production databases on EEE BCU environment.
- Storage capacity planning for production servers.
- Make plan for multi-terabyte database maintenance.
- Make backup-recovery strategy on DPF (EEE BCU) environment.
- Setup and use Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to make backup/restore of production.
- Implementation of new database systems and architectures, scalability and capacity planning using DB2 DPF v9.1.
- Improved database performance by repartitioning databases; provided product support by engaging improvement team to perform upgrades, as needed.
- Database development and database specific shell scripting on Unix (AIX).
- Installation and fix pack application for various database software, applications and fix packs
- Full database administration for company-wide database (TSM backup, TSM restore, implementation and upgrade, capacity planning and sizing, performance tuning)
- Project life cycle development expertise (Dev., QA, UAT and Production)
Environment: DB2 UDB V 8.2.6 ESE/V 9.1, Client/Server (EEE BCU), Unix, AIX 5.3. SQL Server 2005, DBArtizan, LDAP, TOAD, Replication Center , Sybase, Query Patroller,
Bachelor of Computer Science, 1982, University of Calgary
Courses & Certification:
- IBM Certification Database Administrator– DB2 UDB V9.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows.
- IBM Certification Database Administrator — DB2 Universal Database V8.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows.
- IBM Certification Database Associate — DB2 Universal Database V8.1 Family.
- DB2 UDB Advanced Database Administration for Experts (CF46CE).
- IBM Certification Advanced Database Administrator — DB2 UDB V8.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows.
- DB2 UDB Database Advanced Administration Workshop (CF45).
- Performance Tuning and Monitoring Workshop (CF41).
- DB2 Advance SQL and Application Development for Performance.
- DB2 UDB Administration Workshop (CF21C)
- Administration of WebSphere Application Server V4.0.2.
- AIX 5L System Administration III: Performance Management (AU18C).
- Relational Database Design (CF18C).
- Oracle 9i DBA Fundamentals I.
Database Administrator Jobs
Check out who is hiring DBA's in your city. Apply today and get a great DBA job and make more money in a lab in the Database Administrator industry, apply today you have nothing to lose!
Database Administrator job openings in your area