Corporate Communications Manager Cover Letter Example
Applying for that Corporate Communications Manager position? Struggling with ways to introduce your resume with an effective cover letter? Well you are in luck because below we present a great Corporate Communications Manager cover letter example.
This Corporate Communications sample cover letter is particularly effective since it includes quantifiable accomplishments. By listing these career accomplishments in the field of communications, the cover letter creates a message that this applicant will deliver results. In addition, the last bullet covers all the core manager skills needed to effectively lead a communications department. Competencies such as leadership, coaching, and so forth are vital and go beyond subject knowledge of corporate communications.
7777 Willow Ave
New Wales, NJ U9C 9K4
June 9, 2009
- Until recently I was responsible for customer and corporate issues management at Citibank . In addition, I have worked on several special communications projects. For example, when CITIBANK changed its policy related to holding customer deposits, I lead the implementation team which included planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive communication and training plan. External communications and marketing were also required on this project and tools were developed to proactively assist staff responding to customer concerns.
- AT CITIBANK I coordinated the quarterly Fraud Awareness Week education program. This included the development of training materials and internal and external communication plans. Part of this program was the complete restructuring and rewriting of the fraud section on our external website and the development of tools for staff to help them identify and discuss fraud issues with customers. Result was significant reduction of fraud related losses.
- I thrive on leading project teams and have completed courses in project management.
- Reporting to the CFO I managed National Cancer Society’s legal department from October 2008 to May 2010. I oversaw the administration of the Building Envelope Litigation strategy and the implementation of the Summation database to track litigations. A key result was reducing legal fees by $70,000 per month.
- I oversaw the implementation of the Purchasing Card program at National Cancer Society. This included liaising with various departments such as IT and Finance and the communication and training of over 250 staff across the state.
- At both National Cancer Society and CITIBANK I was responsible for corporate forms administration; as such I am familiar with macros and with improving accessibility and usability for staff.
- I am most proud of the teams I have built. I get a lot of satisfaction from building strong, happy and productive teams, both as direct or in-direct reports. I am particularly effective at leading, coordinating, and inspiring project teams ensuring key milestones are met on time and on budget.
I am very excited by this opportunity and look forward to discussing my qualifications with you in more detail. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Here are the latest Communications job openings. Enter your location and see who's hiring in your local area. Apply today and get a good paying job working in the exciting field of Communications.
View More Communications Jobs