Does your Special Education Teacher resume need a new look? Today, we will provide a Special Education Teacher or Special Needs Teacher sample resume.
Below is a sample resume created by our resume writers for a Special Ed Teacher from Toronto. This is a good Special Education Teacher sample resume, that will help you stand out from the crowd. Use this sample resume as a template and you will be well on your way to landing your next job interview. Until our next post, the resume writers from GreatResumeExample wish you much luck and success in your career search.
1234 Sample Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Email: special ed teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Teacher with over 8 years of Education experience. Areas of expertise include English as a second language, early childhood development, linguistics and learning technologies. Proven ability to lead, encourage, and assist students to develop their individual potential for intellectual, emotional growth, resulting in their learning and achievement of high standards of knowledge and functional skills. Patient, detailed oriented with dedication to teaching, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Fluent in English, Spanish and French.
“Joan’s sense of poise, manner with people, and ability to be flexible and work with emergent issues are all qualities that I expect from an experienced Special Education Teacher. Joan is clearly the type of Special Education Teacher we wish to recruit and retain for our school system.”
Betty Jones, Principal, Education, Vice President”
ABC Education Inc, Toronto, Ontario, 2006 – Present
Special Education Teacher
- Attended 12 courses, workshops, conferences read 35 books this year to enhance professional knowledge and practice.
- Implemented new programs and policies based on the best research in the design and development of school curriculum.
- Develop lesson plan to engage students using best practices in instructional materials and techniques, systematic program in reading and mathematics for students with language challenges.
- Set short-term and year-long goals for curricular Individual Educational Plans based on sound principles and practices of learning.
- Assessed students learning styles and academic functioning.
- Integrated web and internet technologies as tools to enhance instructional strategies and increased student learning by 35%.
- Established an atmosphere that encourages sensitivity and respect among students and with the teacher.
- Designed lessons that promoted the achievement of high standards by involving students in the learning process.
- Established positive partnerships with students, parents, staff, consultants, and administration.
- Identified areas for school improvement, develop possible strategies, that has resulted in 15% enrollment increase.
- Mentor education assistants and develop a collaborative approach in the classroom.
Education Magazine, Fundamentals For Special Education Teacher, 2009.
Certified Special Education Teacher.
North American Special Education Teacher Society.
National Special Needs Teacher Association.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION
Bachelors of Education, Toronto University, 1998.
Special Education Certificate, Toronto Technical Institute, 1999.
Food Bank, Fundraiser, 2003 – 2009.
Children’s Hospital, Computer Room Supervisor, 2002 – Present.